W2K Pro hanging but only when deleting file or right clicking on it

JayM

Weaksauce
Very strange...my system is solid. I have no spyware or no virus' that I know of. But all of a sudden it started acting up on me.

If I try to delete a file either from the "delete" key on the keyboard or even trying to right click on a file to get the function window like properties, delete, etc. my system just hangs (hour glass) for like 5 minutes.

Then finally I will get a delete confirmation or the window from hitting the right click on my mouse.

Doesn't matter if I do this from my desktop or even in Windows Explorer. I get the same problem. Even trying to use the toolbar "delete" button in Explorer gives me the same issue.

It's driving me nuts. I can't figure out the problem. Anyone have an idea?

I have a dual boot system with XP. Tried it there as well and seems like it's effecting it somewhat there too but not as bad.

BTW, why did the Admin here turn off the search function?

I know it sounds obvious, but are you sure your mouse is 100%? Also, re-install the mouse software. . .my intellimouse sometimes goes funky and I have to bring up the mouse screen and quit maybe every few months or so.

Other than that, before you blitz your system and do a re-install, try another mouse, another USB port (if applicable).

good luck

Thanks for your reply accidentalsuccess.

I do have Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard but I don't think that's the issue.

See the post near mine here titled "Right click slow???" It seems others have the same issue I do.

Back