W2K menus

Mad Machinist

[H]ard|Gawd
Lately my office computer has had a quirk...when I right click for a menu on the desktop or access a menu from the tool bar in IE or windows explorer......the menu wont display...if I run the cursor over the area where the menu is it will show up as the cursor crosses each selection. Just started happening and this is a relatively fresh install....within a couple of months. Any Ideas???

Have you updated your video card drivers lately, if possible? That sounds like a video driver issue to me, as I've seen it before over the years. As always...

"It's the drivers, it's always the damned drivers..."

Or at least it could be. Also, you might try a different resolution for a short period of time, possibly even changing your color depth as well from 32 bit to 16 bit, and see what happens. If the issue is still there, even when you switch back to your normal bit depth/color and resolution, then it might be indicative of some other issue.

Hope this helps...

Close....was downloading the latest drivers for my ancient ATI Rage 128 Video card.....hey...it still runs Autocad...lol and it gave me a warning that it needed Direct X to install.....:D When I formatted and reinstalled a couple of weeks ago...forgot to reload it......problem solved. Thanks for your help.

Back