W2207 which one to keep?

Nexer

n00b
I have two of these beauties and one of them has to go back but I can't decide!

I've included a few screens. They are quite different when it comes to colors as one is warmer than the other. I kind of like the colors that one produces but sometimes grey has a brownish tint to it as you can see on the greyscale. The one on the right (the "warmer" one) is also a bit darker overall. Right now I'm actually hating the color on the warm one when browsing H.

Non of them has any dead or stuck pixels.

Judging by your "Right now I'm actually hating the color on the warm one when browsing H" comment, I would say send that one back.

The warmer one actually looks much more accurate in your pictures, but the camera could be screwing with the colors too.

The warmer one actually looks much more accurate in your pictures, but the camera could be screwing with the colors too.

The brightness does mess it up a little as the H ss is much more brown IRL. What bothers my is that, as you say yourself, the colors on the warm one looks more vibrant except when you look at gray colors.

My friend has got a w2207 so I think I'm gonna go watch his.

Thanks

To me, based on the pictures, I have to agree that the warm one looks much more accurate color wise.

Are you sure both are set the same?
One looks to be set at 6500k the other at 9600k.

I have one of these and love it. However, I notice there is a wide difference in the color temp settings.

ooo maybe a panel lottery

From looking at the picture with the gradient I can tell that the one (on the left) with the blueish tint at the top is the normal w2207 panel and the one on the right appears to be a different panel and also looks much better. Both are calibrated poorly but the one on the right you can tell from the picture can easily be calibrated to provide good color.

Keep the one on the right for sure and drop the red a few notches or buy a colormeter.

Nexer can u tell us the date of both "2007 april or 2007 may"?
and also GTMV version?

u will find it from menu -> Information.
thanks.

I kept the one on the left...

I couldn't stand the brownish tint on gray colors. Looks much different IRL than on the fotos.

The warm one is from march and GTMV 1.4

The other june and GTMV 1.6

I also noticed that the warm one had a yellow tint in every corner.

Back