W10 Clean Install ISO to USB Stick?

So I just got an email update:

"After July 29, when Windows 10 is ready for your device, it will download in the background. You’ll then get a notification to schedule your upgrade right away or at another time that’s convenient for you."

What is this upgrade nonsense? I want to do a clean install via USB Stick. I read the FAQ couple of months ago and Im pretty sure it was in there somewhere. I thought they are going to provide an ISO to put on a USB Stick and do a fresh clean format/install from boot. Is there any way to prevent it from downloading/upgrading automatically in the background? Seems very herping the derp to upgrade and then reboot and do a clean install!

Sign me up in the "I just want a free license key" group of complainers.

So I just got an email update:

"After July 29, when Windows 10 is ready for your device, it will download in the background. You’ll then get a notification to schedule your upgrade right away or at another time that’s convenient for you."

What is this upgrade nonsense? I want to do a clean install via USB Stick. I read the FAQ couple of months ago and Im pretty sure it was in there somewhere. I thought they are going to provide an ISO to put on a USB Stick and do a fresh clean format/install from boot. Is there any way to prevent it from downloading/upgrading automatically in the background? Seems very herping the derp to upgrade and then reboot and do a clean install!

So? Do the upgrade, download the ISO afterwards, use the Windows 7 USB installation creation tool, install and it works. If you want it for free with no initial upgrading, that will not happen. If you do not want to do that, then buy it, end of story.

What, is it easier to complain then doing a few minutes of additional work? Oh well, I guess there will be complainers for every little thing in this world. :rolleyes:

What, is it easier to complain then doing a few minutes of additional work? Oh well, I guess there will be complainers for every little thing in this world. :rolleyes:

You still need a license key to do a clean install. Making a bootable USB stick will take about 4 minutes so I'm not worried about that.

You still need a license key to do a clean install. Making a bootable USB stick will take about 4 minutes so I'm not worried about that.

If I understand correctly, you should have the license key after the upgrade is done. Sorry if I came across and snarky but, I just get tired of hearing all the complaining over the last 20 years or so ever time a new OS is produced among other things.

If I understand correctly, you should have the license key after the upgrade is done. Sorry if I came across and snarky but, I just get tired of hearing all the complaining over the last 20 years or so ever time a new OS is produced among other things.

I read this stuff over last month.

As I recall we are going to be able to get an ISO from somewhere that will allow fresh installs.

I would guess you would need a key for activation and that would be tied to the upgrade
that is part of this auto download thing.:D

You're going to be disappointed. As far as we know there will be no product key made available. When you do a clean install it will activate against the cloud.

For those who think they are going to get an ISO and a product key and keep reusing Windows 10 for free on all of their new PC builds years down the road it's not going to happen. After the free year goes away any new builds will require you to buy 10.

Back