w00t! 'Gears of War' going to be getting upgraded!

dderidex

Supreme [H]ardness
Actually, fully, 3-dimensional.

Linkage

Okay, okay, so maybe I'm the only person here who thinks so, but....wiiiiicked! :eek: :D :D Totally can't wait!

Being done by Fantasy Flight, The same people that publish the very wxcellent Game of Thrones games, Arkham Horror, Doom, Warcraft, Wings of War, Starcraft, World of warcraft and tannhauser Boardgames among many others.

Hopefully, it won't have too many fiddly bits.

I just wish it would work right. All patched up, still doesnt for me.

I go into the game (PC version) set my controls how I want in the options, go back to the game, and they reset themselves. The controls wont save, and the default controls are dumb. So annoying that I cant play a game I bought.. I guess I could try to manually edit the config file, and save it to read only, but that seems like a hassle, and I shouldnt have to do it.

If only it was a good game.....

this game was so much fun. graphics were beautiful, it ran great on my system. i loved every minute of it. multiplayer is damn fun too, as long as you play as host or find someone with a really good connection that is hosting.

Being done by Fantasy Flight, The same people that publish the very wxcellent Game of Thrones games, Arkham Horror, Doom, Warcraft, Wings of War, Starcraft, World of warcraft and tannhauser Boardgames among many others.

Hopefully, it won't have too many fiddly bits.

I was about to post something obvious, but...this has got to be sarcasm. FFG? Fiddly bits? Isn't that something like 2*2=4?

Still, as you say, those ARE excellent games. However, compared to most 'Euro' games (Settlers, Carcassonne, etc), you can hardly make the case they aren't VERY fiddly.

If only it was a good game.....

See, this is why the FFG take on it sounds so great to me.

Third person shooter? Buggy? Performance issues? No thanks! The theme - backstory, characters, weapons, enemy, etc - is EXTREMELY compelling...I just wasn't that taken by the game.

So what happens when you make a boardgame of it? Well, you keep the theme, backstory, characters, weapons, enemy - usually even art direction - and are just re-working the 'game engine'. VERY optimistic!

One time when the XBox 360 was way better than the PC.

I actually bought the PC game, played it for a while; but then realized I was just a pawn in filling time between massive cut scenes.

I was just watching instead of playing anything.:eek: Graphically, it was well done, but a really terrible port.

I wouldn't reload it if it was in 4D.:mad: Board game or "bored" game???

Oddly enough, the Doom 3 board game is 100 times better than the video game.

Complex rules and lots of dangly bits are on par with FFG on the whole, but that is what I love about their games. Nothing like pulling out the 10 pounds of plastic for a game of Descent.

I really enjoyed my 5 play throughs of this game. 4 of those were on the 360, and my 5th was the maxed out PC version.

Back