• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

W/C rig with alarm

Oldwolf

Limp Gawd
Joined
Jan 23, 2004
Messages
437
I saw an entry here a while back where someone listed the setups that had alarms in case anything went bad. But I can't find it now. So if any of you know of any W/C rigs that have an alarm, could you please post?

It's the final decision maker on whether I buy a W/C rig or not.

Thank you.
 
The Koolance Exos-2 has one. It shuts down the whole computer if the temps get too high.
 
I've looked at the Koolance rigs and $500 is a bit too steep.

Maybe there's someone that sells just the alarms as a stand-alone or add-on???

I also just looked at the AquaComputer stuff and I don't live in Germany, so that's out.
 
Oldwolf said:
I've looked at the Koolance rigs and $500 is a bit too steep.

Maybe there's someone that sells just the alarms as a stand-alone or add-on???

I also just looked at the AquaComputer stuff and I don't live in Germany, so that's out.

www.sharkacorp.com
 
Most modern computers have an option in the bios to shut down the computer if the CPU temp climbs too high. Look for "CPU Overheat Protection" or some such thing. If your pump stops pumping, this should be tripped before too long. .
 
haelduksf said:
Most modern computers have an option in the bios to shut down the computer if the CPU temp climbs too high. Look for "CPU Overheat Protection" or some such thing. If your pump stops pumping, this should be tripped before too long. .

Yes that works, but I would rather have a system that shutsdown way before the CPU started getting cooked. :eek:
 
There has been references to the Koolance EXOS-2...beware of that overclocking solution...not that great of performance...I found out the hard way
 
Rudager said:
There has been references to the Koolance EXOS-2...beware of that overclocking solution...not that great of performance...I found out the hard way

In what way?
 
Top Nurse said:
In what way?

Well, maybe it was a little unrealistic but I expected to get higher overclocks...I still get instability at the speed I'm at right now
 
Rudager said:
Well, maybe it was a little unrealistic but I expected to get higher overclocks...I still get instability at the speed I'm a---

:D

If you're into electronics and experimenting, you could build some stuff. The BIOS overheat protection is pretty customizable, and you can have it shut down LONG before the CPU gets cooked.
 
penguin said:
:D

If you're into electronics and experimenting, you could build some stuff. The BIOS overheat protection is pretty customizable, and you can have it shut down LONG before the CPU gets cooked.

Yeah but I still think that it sucks that the temp diode is nearly 10 degrees lower than what my cpu temp is...and it doesn't change all that dynamically
 
Back
Top