[w]ARM - Westinghouse - 47" 1080p (Refurbished) $900 shipped

That price seems pretty good. Is this a decent display? I'm looking for a ~50" TV.

don't buy it.. i bought one of these 2 months ago.. the contrast ratio suck, i compare this TV to my samsung.. oh boy wayyyy DIFFERENT!!! 720p samsung beat 1080p westinghouse

frys onsale these 60hz 1080p under 1k for 40 or sometime 42 .. last month they have samsung 1080p 120hz for $1099...

Wow isnt this pretty hot? Not some shady seller either.

well if you don't mind the spec..than yes HOT deal.. i own 1 of these and trust me the picture quality is NOT great.. but if u don't mind spec and quality than this is a good deal.. :cool:

You are getting a $1400 set, shipped free, for $900. No it is not the top end model, but it's not like it's unwatchable or anything.

47" 1080p for $900?

Even considering the set is not top of the line, is still a pretty decent deal.

You are getting a $1400 set, shipped free, for $900. No it is not the top end model, but it's not like it's unwatchable or anything.

47" 1080p for $900?

Even considering the set is not top of the line, is still a pretty decent deal.

IT'S REFURBISHED, thus your argument is null.

Actually you can if you have a Fry's around you. Samsung 32" $799+ tax.

I'm good, well my parents are at least (home for the summer). I just got them a 32" Sony Bravia LCD for $550 at CC on clearance. Not worth ~$300 extra for 1080p on a 32", we don't sit that close and don't have any 1080p devices. At school, our apartment is rockin a 40" Sammy :)

I think is is a pretty good deal though.

I'm good, well my parents are at least (home for the summer). I just got them a 32" Sony Bravia LCD for $550 at CC on clearance. Not worth ~$300 extra for 1080p on a 32", we don't sit that close and don't have any 1080p devices. At school, our apartment is rockin a 40" Sammy :)

I think is is a pretty good deal though.

well, I had a 47" 1080p westy and I was sad to see it go, it had a beautiful picture. Of course I had forum warriors tell me it sucked, but I was happy with it. Don't think it was this model though. Try it, if you don't like it send it back.

I have the 42" Model, and it's AWESOME!
The HDMI+HDCP is broken. Whenever HDCP turns on, I get awful artifacting. So no PS3/X360 over HDMI for me :(

DSC00049-vi.jpg

I had the 42inch model for a while and I was very happy with it. Sure it didn't look as nice as the more expensive ones, but I needed a TV really bad and it works well. If you are looking for an HDTV that is average I'd say go with this. I later returned this TV and upgraded to an LG 47" (was stolen 2 weeks ago :( sons of bitches and i'm still making payments on it) and the quality was much nicer but I also paid like 50% more. It just depends if you don't mind saving yourself a bit of cash.

don't let the snobs fool you, this is a great TV. I have two refurbished westy 32 inchers, and a friend has this tv. Great buy.

You sit that close to a 42"? 0.0

No this 'MONITOR' is in the living room. I was testing it when I first got it... and took a bunch of pics when I was playing with it on my PC Desk.

It truly is a monitor, and not a TV, so it has DVI & VGA ports on it.. which I love.

I've been searching for a Westy 37" for the PC Room.
DSC00053-vi.jpg

It truly is a monitor, and not a TV, so it has DVI & VGA ports on it.. which I love.

Its still a TV, most LCDs have VGA and many have DVI but now most have HDMI instead of DVI (which is no big deal as the two can be changed between easily).

If it was a monitor, it would have a much higher resolution.

well, I had a 47" 1080p westy and I was sad to see it go, it had a beautiful picture. Of course I had forum warriors tell me it sucked, but I was happy with it. Don't think it was this model though. Try it, if you don't like it send it back.

I'm with you, if I needed one personally I'd buy this! My parents only had room for a 32" in the entertainment center thing. I'm just saying it's not worth $300 extra to go w/ 1080p on a 32". This is an excellent price for a 47" 1080p!

No this 'MONITOR' is in the living room. I was testing it when I first got it... and took a bunch of pics when I was playing with it on my PC Desk.

I've been searching for a Westy 37" for the PC Room.

Heh, I have that exact same mouse and mousepad setup on my desk.

It is the TX47, so it is a TV and has an HD tuner in it.

I have the TX 42", an early version, so mine has the S-IPS panel, while later units have the MVA like the Sammy's.

My brother has the 52" Sammy, its nice but this has better color quality and the antiglare coating is really a big plus for me. At my brothers you need to turn off the lights or you have reflections on the screen.... and the surround that is gloss black, ugh.

Its still a TV, most LCDs have VGA and many have DVI but now most have HDMI instead of DVI (which is no big deal as the two can be changed between easily).

Actually you are incorrect. The model I have has NO TUNER. which makes it a monitor.

You Fail. A tuner makes it a TV, not resolution or lack thereof. Since he has no tuner it is a monitor.

I wanna buy one, but I checked the resellerrating on buy.com and it was horrible. Any got any opinions on buy.com

I wanna buy one, but I checked the resellerrating on buy.com and it was horrible. Any got any opinions on buy.com

u got to be kidding me?? buy.com horrible??:eek:

buy.com, tigerdirect.com, newegg = three biggest reseller on internet:D

u got to be kidding me?? buy.com horrible??:eek:

buy.com, tigerdirect.com, newegg = three biggest reseller on internet:D

I'd put amazon on that list as well.

... and I buy lots of things from buy.com, pretty good place.

... and great deal, OP. :)

I don't know guys. I have a refurbished 42" and I'm unhappy with it. I'd love to do another RMA but I'd get another refurbished unit. Personally, I'd just buy new, not refurbished especially now that I'm familiar with Westinghouse's refurbished units.

Agreed. Buy.Com is by far the worst e-tailer I've ever dealt with. Worthless customer support, you can't actually cancel an order as you can only put in a "request" to cancel which of course doesn't go through in time. Buy.Com doesn't have any merchandise or warehouses, it's all drop shipped from manufacturers and vendors.

Ordered from them 3 times, all 3 times they screwed it up with either the wrong items showing up or ridiculous shipping times when I paid for express.

This is certainly a good "looking" deal on a decent TV.... but good luck to anyone that makes a purchase from buy.com. JMO, but based on multiple personal experiences.

Back