[W]arm? Sennheiser PC 360 Gaming Headset $179.99 w/Free Shipping

Less than I paid for mine - I'd be angry if I didn't get ~95 bucks off via AMEX points. :)

nice price - if they are like my HD-595 then they are winners - and amazon reviews say they are!

I still have my turtle beach earforce x11 which is a step down from the HD-595, but good enough I'm not going to worry about spending $200 to have sound like my HD-595 with a mic.

For gaming , these are incredible. You won't find better gaming headphones for positional audio cues unless you start dumping around $500+ on higher end gear.

Jump on this ASAP if you are interested.

i like my set (sennheiser PC350). they're pretty much the same only collapsible
The 360's are actually an open-air design which sounds much, much better than the 350's. I've actually been rocking a modded pair of 350's for a few years now, turned them into semi-open headphones from closed and they sound AMAZING. I can only imagine the 360's are better.

The 360's are actually an open-air design which sounds much, much better than the 350's. I've actually been rocking a modded pair of 350's for a few years now, turned them into semi-open headphones from closed and they sound AMAZING. I can only imagine the 360's are better.

so...the 360s sound better because it's so in your imagination. got it. ;)

I've always wanted to switch to sennhieser for a gaming headset. Have you seen a cheaper deal on these, ever?

so...the 360s sound better because it's so in your imagination. got it. ;)

Umm no. They sound better because the sound staging is "open" due to the open nature of the headphones. Anyone with any knowledge of headphones knows that "open" headphones have a much more natural sound stage than "closed". Sound staging is critical for positional audio cues.

The advantage to closed is simply isolation and noise leakage.

Umm no. They sound better because the sound staging is "open" due to the open nature of the headphones. Anyone with any knowledge of headphones knows that "open" headphones have a much more natural sound stage than "closed". Sound staging is critical for positional audio cues.

The advantage to closed is simply isolation and noise leakage.

If you have an environment that can handle open cans sure, but for most people you're going to have distracting outside noises, along with noise leakage bugging those around you. Similar to matte vs. glossy LCD screens. Glossy screens produce a clearer image/better colors, but if you can't control light in the environment then it's more annoying than it's worth.

Hence I stick with closed headphones: DT770 and PC 350 SE... but that's me...

If you have an environment that can handle open cans sure, but for most people you're going to have distracting outside noises, along with noise leakage bugging those around you. Similar to matte vs. glossy LCD screens. Glossy screens produce a clearer image/better colors, but if you can't control light in the environment then it's more annoying than it's worth.

Hence I stick with closed headphones: DT770 and PC 350 SE... but that's me...
True if you aren't listening to something, but I can't hear anything outside when I'm playing or listening to music.

These are what I use. Excellent headsets, have had them for over a year now and they are still working perfectly.

Extremely good audio quality and the mic is excellent as well. It's light weight and the open nature of the headset makes talking to other people around you when your headset is on easy. I'm a bit paranoid so having the ability to hear things around me while gaming is nice.

I bought a pair for $174 on ebay. I hope it is going to be a bit better than my HD555. I needed a headset with a mic.

Back