vx2025wm scaling question

Dan3290

Limp Gawd
I am looking at this monitor but i have heard it has a problem with scaling games. I have a 7900gt but i play quite a lot of cs 1.6. I have no idea if the game will scale correctly and i will not stand for a stretched image. I also play other new games (BF2 and such). Which of these monitors, the VX922 or the vx2025wm be a better choice for a gamer with a $375 budget. I am open to any other monitor ideas and i have no prefrence in manufacturer because i have nvr bought an lcd screen. (running a dell E770s CRT).

Dan3290 said:
I am looking at this monitor but i have heard it has a problem with scaling games. I have a 7900gt but i play quite a lot of cs 1.6. I have no idea if the game will scale correctly and i will not stand for a stretched image. I also play other new games (BF2 and such). Which of these monitors, the VX922 or the vx2025wm be a better choice for a gamer with a $375 budget. I am open to any other monitor ideas and i have no prefrence in manufacturer because i have nvr bought an lcd screen. (running a dell E770s CRT).

good luck getting a straight answer cause no one here knows for sure it would seem. I was gonna get the 2025 but not anymore. im a gamer too so I dont care about dvd playback, etc. I got the vx922. im also planning on getting a PS3 in november and the only resolution to consider is 1280x720. I rather have bars at top/bottom with the vx922, than black space all around as would occur with the the 2025 (unless one settles for a stretched image which I wont).

I have one more week with my vx2025 before I decide whether to keep it or go with the vx922. I absolutely love the widescreen but am concerned about my dozens of older games looking good on it. I still have my crt to fall back on and I've also considered buy a vx922 when they get cheaper to go along with the widescreen ;) Last I checked the vx922 was $270 at newegg think how much cheaper its goign to be a year from now.

Tell me this. Whats a good "older" game I can try on my vx2025? I have practically all popular titles Im just not sure which would be a good candidate.

Does the Viewsonic have similar scaling settings in the Dell as in Aspect, Fill and 1:1?

Flying Fox said:
Does the Viewsonic have similar scaling settings in the Dell as in Aspect, Fill and 1:1?

The Dell can scale with a button, while the Viewsonic only through video card drivers - I think some are able to scale and some aren't.

samduhman said:
Tell me this. Whats a good "older" game I can try on my vx2025? I have practically all popular titles Im just not sure which would be a good candidate.
Can you try CS 1.6? and post somescreen shots? BTW what gpu do u have?

my vx922 came in today and scaling works. U gotta use ATI CCC and click on Digital Panel Properties > Attributes > Use centered timing (check this).

Im running 1280x720 which is 720p widescreen and games look great. Text quality is a bit reduced but I dont care about that.

Here are some pics. Extra field of view is also great. Since image is not being stretched, there are black bars at top and bottom. But this doesnt bother me and actualy adds a kinda cinematic feel to it. Quality of picture is same, but these jpegs dont do the LCD or the game justice.

1280x1024

1280x720 (16:9)

Back