VX2025WM Problem, Not Sure What To Call It

FireStormGS

[H]ard|Gawd
I noticed this first while playing simcity 4. I was scrolling across flast grass during night mode and I noticed there were alot of odd red lines jumping all over the place. It's hard to describe and I tried to take a vid of it with my digi came but it doesnt show up. Then I went onto a guitar tabs website and noticed something similar. I was able to capture this on my digi cam tho. And this is the vid that shows it, but it's obviously alot more noticable in person.

http://media.putfile.com/LCD-Monitor-Problem

This is the webpage I was looking at when I took the vid.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/three_days_grace_tabs.htm

I think it's because of the cross hatched style background, but is this normal for this monitor or is something wrong with it?

this is a video card issue. The same thing happened with mine. If you have a ati card make sure the two dvi boxes are checked (reduce dvi frequency on high res displays, and alternate dvi operational mode.

Catalyst control center -> Digital panel properties -> attributes

They already are checked... :(

So this is for sure not a problem with the monitor though? Or should I try and get another one from best buy.

As per your request...

When I look at the page the text does not blur for me at all. However when I scroll up and down the black background changes and looks funny, buy the text does not blur.

Hmmm I thought for sure that would be it cause mine was doing the same thing. Do you have another computer to try?

sdk said:
As per your request...

When I look at the page the text does not blur for me at all. However when I scroll up and down the black background changes and looks funny, buy the text does not blur.

Yea it's only the edges of the page. The text and main content is fine as well as most any website. Does anyone else notice something similar with other LCD monitors? My parents computer has a LG 17" LCD and I can notice the problem very slightly on their computer. Not nearly as bad as on this one though.

What type of monitor do you have Acer? and was your whole screen currupting during scrolling, or just certain patterns/colour as well.

I have the same monitor as you. It was doing that in ut2004 for me. Then I checked those two boxes and it went away. It never happened when I was scrolling through a page.

on the link above the background goes weird, but thatis the site and the way it was made.

i have avm2025xm with an x1900 Xt and the page looks fine, never had any red lines either and i dont have eitther of those DVI options on in my control panel.

Back