VX2025WM help

wil129

n00b
Joined
May 15, 2006
Messages
48
I am seriously thanking about buying a viewsonic vx2025 monitor,but the only thing I am concern is if my video card can handle the resolution.The video card I have is a evga 7600 gt ko 256.
 
wil129 said:
I am seriously thanking about buying a viewsonic vx2025 monitor,but the only thing I am concern is if my video card can handle the resolution.The video card I have is a evga 7600 gt ko 256.

In most modern games your card won't be able to run games at the monitor's native resolution. In desktop apps et cetera your video card will be fine.

 
what say you if i had a eVGA 7900 GT KO Superclocked? a step below the best single card application.
 
The graphic card is more than powerful enough to hand the desktop resolution...
heck even an onboard graphic card can handle 2000 digit resolutions :p

interms of gaming it depends..... you could turn everything up but just set Pixel Shaders to 1.1 and you would see very smooth fps.... and some games like HL2 will runs max'ed out at native resolution at very high frames per second....

i own this monitor... and my graphic card is ATi X800 256mb PCI-X and that has more horses under the hood than ur graphic card.... and it struggles with CoD2 running native with everything max'ed out...but if i set it to DirectX 7 its smooth as silk....

And you could always run the games at lower resolutions, such as 1440x900, 1280x800
 
Back
Top