VX Revolution w/ Windows 7, 8?

Jellyfishpudding

Limp Gawd
I've read of people claiming that the mouse has consistency issues with Windows 7. I've head nothing about its performance with W8, which leads me to believe that people aren't using it. Can anyone vouch for the VX Revolution's performance with the W7 & 8?

Thanks!
FiSH

I never had a problem with my VX on W7 when I owned it. Are you using the correct Setpoint?
I gave my VX away when I upgraded to the G700.

I can't get the side buttons for this mouse to work in Windows 8. Ran into this thread with a Google Search. Tired with and without the crappy Set Point software, no luck...

If I come across the dongle for my VX, I'll check it out for you. How I misplaced it, I'm not sure.

If I come across the dongle for my VX, I'll check it out for you. How I misplaced it, I'm not sure.

The notch on the dongle will over time round out so any slight tap on the mouse makes it eject. If you find it make sure you square out the notch. Also if you take the mouse apart you can bend the spring at the locking latch to make it bite down harder.

Last edited:
Anyone know what the current best fit (size/button placement) would be for the VX Revolution? I need another mouse in the coming week and I honestly love my VX sitting on my desk at work. The buttons and overall size just fit my hands perfectly. Everything else I've looked at in the past few days just doesn't work. Some of them I like the size/weight but the buttons just don't fall in place naturally.

Anyone know what the current best fit (size/button placement) would be for the VX Revolution? I need another mouse in the coming week and I honestly love my VX sitting on my desk at work. The buttons and overall size just fit my hands perfectly. Everything else I've looked at in the past few days just doesn't work. Some of them I like the size/weight but the buttons just don't fall in place naturally.

The closest I can see is this. You gain a thumb button but lose the slider and the gear switch replaces the flip button south of the wheel.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104390

or

Just get another VX.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Revolution-Ergonomic-Notebooks-Hyper-Fast/dp/B000HCRVUS

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Thanks for the information. Seriously considering just buying another VX. Never thought I could still get them.

Back