Vulkan coming to Android

didn't android already had its own close to metal api?

There was for general programming but I think you still used OpenGL ES for graphics?

Now thats impressive performance gains......wonder if it ever really gets used?

The demo is funny but it is to easy to stress out an older API with code that is made for Vulkan. I hope that the portability from DX12/Mantle is excellent ;) .

Now that everyone is taking a piss on AMD; it was AMDs MANTLE that made all this happen.

You would not see a "direct to metal" API in DX12 if it wasn't for Mantle. Long before Mantle AMD was saying the REAL bottle neck is DX not the graphic hardware.
Of course everyone laughed.
AMD proved it's point and FORCED MS to start create a new version of DX not based on legacy coding.

AMD GAVE MANTLE AWAY TO Kronos the developers of OpenGL, which resulted in VULKAN.
There is a BRIGHT, BRIGHT future now that the real processing might of modern GPU/CPU in PCs.
If there is one single player that gamers should be in gratitude to it is AMD; Not Nvidia, not Microsoft. :cool:

Now that everyone is taking a piss on AMD; it was AMDs MANTLE that made all this happen.

You would not see a "direct to metal" API in DX12 if it wasn't for Mantle. Long before Mantle AMD was saying the REAL bottle neck is DX not the graphic hardware.
Of course everyone laughed.
AMD proved it's point and FORCED MS to start create a new version of DX not based on legacy coding.

AMD GAVE MANTLE AWAY TO Kronos the developers of OpenGL, which resulted in VULKAN.
There is a BRIGHT, BRIGHT future now that the real processing might of modern GPU/CPU in PCs.
If there is one single player that gamers should be in gratitude to it is AMD; Not Nvidia, not Microsoft. :cool:

wont matter, the nvidiots will never credit AMD for anything.

I think it was sarcasm from him too ;)

Nope, I will never take him seriously after reading stuff like this:

5150Joker said:
Who gives a shit if NVIDIA throws money at them or not? Point is that at the end of the day you get more with NVIDIA cards vs a broke ass company like AMD.

And yet here he is, posting in AMD Flavor again...

too bad 5150 cant get booted out of the amd section like the other t(word) prime1.

Now, I'm VERY curious to get my hands on some Apple Metal code to compare to Vulkan (Mantle) code...

Vulkan API simply takes a good chunk of the Mantle pie and shares it with everyone, regardless of OS, hardware, race or religion.

Oh, and there’s one more thing: Mantle eventually forced Microsoft and Khronos finally to do something about DirectX and OpenGL bloat and inefficiency. It was a gentle, friendly kick in the posterior, or “badonkadonk,” as one fellow Toptaler likes to put it.

I'm wondering how much backing this will get on the android platform for games on mobile devices if it takes of faster then wild fire then MS has a problem .....

Back