• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Vsync Problem

2k3eblade

Gawd
Joined
Sep 21, 2005
Messages
993
Hello guys. I have a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2020u and whenever I turn VSync on for any game (HL2, WoW, NFSU...) it shutters like the hard drive is being thrashed. This happens arbitrary and sometimes it becomes almost like I am playing at 15fps. However, when I leave it off, the games run fine. Is this a problem with the monitor I am using? Or is it video card (BFG 6800GS @ 43c-55c temp 405/1150, fast writes off) related?
 
well if he is having a problem and it seems like its running at 15fps i doubt its refresh

though vsync does limit your FPS to your refresh rate, but i doubt on a nice monitor like that its below 60, which is a far cry from 15 range performance

Try upping your page file , generally 3x your memory is good, and set the min/max the same if you dont have any issues with having little space.. other than that.. maybe something to do with a driver, try the new 84.30s that came out on the 11th

and for the hell of it try defragging, even though it shouldnt be related to that at all..mess with your antialias settings too.. sometimes antialiasing and vsync dont like to work right together with certain drivers.
 
Back
Top