• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Vsphere Client 4.1 O.S. Selection

Carlosinfl

Loves the juice
Joined
Sep 25, 2002
Messages
6,633
I noticed when I use my Vsphere client to connect to my ESXi 4.1 server, I am building multiple Linux servers but the versions available to select appear to be dated. I'm specifically using Debian 6.0 however the highest version available is Debian 5.0. Will there be updates made to the client and how or what difference does it make if I'm creating a RHEL 6 or Debian 5 Linux server?
 
It's not the VI Client it's the supported OS list. You can see that here:

http://partnerweb.vmware.com/comp_guide2/search.php?deviceCategory=software

Just because it's not on the list doesn't mean it won't work. You just need to try a generic Linux install and choose the right VMware tools for the kernel. The big differences on OS selection are drivers and VMware tools. See which drivers it chooses for an older version and try those first.
 
Back
Top