Vsphere 6.0 SR-IOV issues?

danswartz

2[H]4U
So I got a Chelsio T58-SO-CR dual port card. Got the driver installed, and set up the BIOS with 2 VFs. Pass one to a CentOS 7 VM and boot it, configuring the e1000 vnic and the passed-in VF (it uses the cxgvf driver?) Anyway, all seemed well, until I rebooted the guest. Now, it claims the device is not there, although it shows in 'lspci'. The mac address registered via udev is weird too (06:44:xx) for the first 3 octets, which doesn't seem to be legal, and isn't what vsphere says it is. Deleting and re-adding the sr-iov vf doesn't help. Re-installing does, but only for one reboot. This is the only SR-IOV capable nic I have, so no other real options here :( A desperation move might be to upgrade vsphere to 6.5, but I'd rather not, if possible. I'm going to try with ubuntu or debian to try to eliminate guest issues. Any ideas or hints greatly appreciated :)

Well, definitely SR-IOV related. I disabled that in the BIOS, and passed the entire NIC to a guest, and it sees it just fine. Oh well, a wasted slot...

Back