Vsphere 4 Essentials Plus Bundle Issue

Running is Vsphere 4 Essentials Plus Bundle. I have vCenter Server running and I have two ESX hosts running right now in a HA cluster. I want to add a third host to vCenter Server (not part of the cluster) which is running ESXi 4.0.0. The new ESXi was added to a new Datacenter I created and it seems to work fine except after about two minutes the ESXi host diconnects. It does this every time about two minutes in and I have to right click on the host and hit "Connect".

Am I running into some kind of licensing issue here. I'm supposed to add up to three hosts with Plus Bundle. There are no errors thrown or anything like that it simply "disconnects". Any ideas on this?

Last edited:
That's not licensing..it doesn't just kick hosts out if you overcommit licenses. Ping the management console IP...watch it. Dropping packets? Anything odd? Check the switch port it's on for errors.

Yeah pinging is solid, no dropped packets at all. The thing is the host shows up, the VMs running on the host show up too, but the only thing that never shows is things like CPU and mem usage for the host or VMs. Looking at Summary and etc shows no stats but it is connected but then disconnects about two min in. I can even get to the console of each VM.

Switch logs show nothing.

That's not licensing. Open an SR, grab a log bundle, and PM me the SR number - I'll take a look.

Back