• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

VRM Cooler for 4870x2

fenrick

n00b
Joined
Oct 28, 2009
Messages
1
I was wondering if anyone's tried the thermaltake vrm-r2 with a 4870x2? I've recently put on an arctic cooling accelero extreme and while the vrm temps are still in the safe zone; I would feel better if they where lower. It wouldn't fit on the top ones, but most of the heat appears to be on the right hand side.

The other option I've considered is removing the backing plate from the card, just adding some washers to the screws - under heavy graphics load (vrms at 90-115) it appears that the backing plate is getting hot.

thanks
 
Back
Top