VRAM question about 295x2 on GTA5

Ducman69

[H]F Junkie
From my understanding, the 295x2, like any crossfire setup, only has as much VRAM as a single GPU. GTA5 though believes it has 8GB of VRAM, which I don't think can be right, at least not until we get DX12, right?

And along those lines, I've been trying to find a guide for good settings specifically for the 295x2 at 3440x1440 or 4K in GTA5 to no avail. Anyone find any tips on specific settings to ensure you maintain 60fps?

Also, while I have no issues in game, oddly during the first loading screen with the blurred cop lights, I have stuttering. Couldn't find any threads on that either, and I have 16GB of system memory and a fast terabyte SSD.

are you probably abusing of the Textures and AA?.. yes, the game its well known for just add all the total vRAM as a global vRAM so for example a 8GB 290X Xfire setup are recognized as 16GB available, TITAN X SLI setup its recognized as 24GB vRAM and so on.. that also happened with GTA IV..

Gta v reports vram incorrectly but to compensate it'll also double setting requirements in sli/cf setups.

Gta v is a strange game. It could be vsync. You may just need to find the right setting to lower. Hard to say really.

Back