• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

VR-Zone - SB, SB-E, and IB preview

If those number turn out to be indicative of the release version of IB, then it's about what I was expecting: no substantial increase in performance over SB. Won't be able to tell the difference IRL.
 
I think it all comes down to heat. If I were to use it with a nicely cooled case, I would just go with SB. But if I'm using an mini-itx board, IB better suited for that scenario.
 
Will have to see overclocking results of retail chips to determine what value if any lies in IB over current SB processors outside of improved thermals and power consumption.
 
Back
Top