VR Backpacks & Laptop Back-strapping

Youn

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone know a good backmont/harness-thingie for quickly strapping a normal laptop to your back for wireless VR on any HMD (including Quest)? What I'm not so interested in:

Untitled-2.jpg

Youn

Supreme [H]ardness
it supports non-vive HMDs and can work with a laptop?

Kardonxt

2[H]4U
It does not.

You may want to change OP to all HMDs, instead of any HMDs. I interpreted any to mean you would use whatever HMD was needed for it to work, I assume Kyle did too.

Dayaks

Supreme [H]ardness
Be careful with a laptop running intensive graphics. All gaming laptops I’ve ever had were throttled if just on battery. Also the batteries would die fast.

Personally I’d be tempted to buy a laptop backpack and start cutting vents...

Reactions: Youn
like this

SamuelL421

Limp Gawd
If you have the original Vive or an Oculus, the TPCast wireless works as an alternative to the backpack / paying big bucks for Vive pro wireless setup.

It’s a worthwhile purchase if you’ve already got one of the compatible headsets. The setup is a pain but the wireless is seamless and they can be had for cheap now.

NickJames

Supreme [H]ardness
HTC Wireless setup would be easier.

I agree, I bought the Vive Wireless immediately upon release and it was the best decision ever. The only thing I have to worry about now are my walls. I just swap battery packs when one gets too low so I can easily get 6+ hours of usage from it.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
I had TPCast wireless as well, and did not have consistent results with it. HTC wireless has been near perfect and easy to use.

TheSmJ

2[H]4U
I was sent one of these a few years ago to mess around with at work. Would work well with a Rift S, Vive, Index or Vive Pro.