• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

vpu crash again and again.

1337m0dd3r

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jun 26, 2002
Messages
1,553
Ok.. so my vpu recovery keeps kicking in... when I'm playing dod src.... It's goin on even if I don't have the card oc'd.. so you think that means my cards getting close to dying o something.. its just never happened this bad... I mean I don't get any artifacts... it deff has suffient cooling... any thoughts? :confused:
 
don't have a clue.. got the r350 board the one with out temp monitoring
but I think its cooled enough... its been running stable for ever....
ghetoovid3em.jpg

thats the cooling on it... I'm starting to think it might be some unwanted unstablity from my new oc on my proc... I just gotta tweak the settings and see if I can narrow down whats causing this cause its driving me nuts... :eek:
 
i had that happen when my cpu OC was too hit back off a bit and see what happens
 
1337m0dd3r said:
Ok.. so my vpu recovery keeps kicking in... when I'm playing dod src.... It's goin on even if I don't have the card oc'd.. so you think that means my cards getting close to dying o something.. its just never happened this bad... I mean I don't get any artifacts... it deff has suffient cooling... any thoughts? :confused:

Are you using CCC with .net 2.0 installed?

Just curious, because that does cause crashing. Going back to .net 1.1 fixes it.
 
BBA said:
Are you using CCC with .net 2.0 installed?

Just curious, because that does cause crashing. Going back to .net 1.1 fixes it.
mm i just actually updated to that today.. but it was crashing before that too... I unno.. :confused:
 
well i toned my oc back to 2ghz 10x400 1.65v ... and the vpu isn't failing anymore.. even running back at my full oc... this all confuses me... the oc on the processor ran prime95 for 24hrs.. no errors... :grumbles: oh well..
 
It's could be overheating. If you haven't damaged it already it shouldn't happen again if you take a can of air and keep those fins clean from dust as dust prevents it from cooling properly. Also, reapply some AS5 on it. Don't do that dollop and sandwich the HS to the GPU BS. Get yourseld some 90% to 99% Alcohol and wipe both HS and GPU clean. Keep wiping the HS until you hear it squeaking. Only use cotton cloth like a thin tee shirt. Place a dollop of AS5 in the center of the GPU. I personally rub my finger tips in alcohol or acetone to remove oil after washing them. Then wipe with a clean cloth. Like icing on cake apply the AS5 on the GPU until it's smooth and even. Apply the HS, make sure it's plugged in (I actually forgot that one day) and reinstall everything else.

And be done with it.
 
Eastcoasthandle said:
It's could be overheating. If you haven't damaged it already it shouldn't happen again if you take a can of air and keep those fins clean from dust as dust prevents it from cooling properly. Also, reapply some AS5 on it. Don't do that dollop and sandwich the HS to the GPU BS. Get yourseld some 90% to 99% Alcohol and wipe both HS and GPU clean. Keep wiping the HS until you hear it squeaking. Only use cotton cloth like a thin tee shirt. Place a dollop of AS5 in the center of the GPU. I personally rub my finger tips in alcohol or acetone to remove oil after washing them. Then wipe with a clean cloth. Like icing on cake apply the AS5 on the GPU until it's smooth and even. Apply the HS, make sure it's plugged in (I actually forgot that one day) and reinstall everything else.

And be done with it.
ehm...not worried about the hs and whatnot.. its fine.. not even warm to the touch after 2 hours of hl2...
0mega said:
probably an unlocked PCI/AGP bus... explains it all
care to explain.. me no understand :(
 
1337m0dd3r said:
ehm...not worried about the hs and whatnot.. its fine.. not even warm to the touch after 2 hours of hl2...

care to explain.. me no understand :(
yea,,,touching the hs is not a true indicator that it's working properly. It's always a good idea to take the time to disassemble it and check to make sure all is well. If it is the next step is to check to make sure that all bios settings are correct. Then you can check the drivers for it. Are their any updates for your chipset drivers? If so, it's best to uninstall the video card drivers, reboot, then install the chipset drivers, reboot into safe mode use driver cleaner to remove all traces of past drivers be it nvidia or ati. You select them all unless you are using a nvidia or ati chipset. Once complete reboot into xp then install the video card drivers. Reboot then your done. This will help your entire system with updated drivers for your MB's chipset. This not a 100% fix, just an idea.
 
Eastcoasthandle said:
yea,,,touching the hs is not a true indicator that it's working properly. It's always a good idea to take the time to disassemble it and check to make sure all is well. If it is the next step is to check to make sure that all bios settings are correct. Then you can check the drivers for it. Are their any updates for your chipset drivers? If so, it's best to uninstall the video card drivers, reboot, then install the chipset drivers, reboot into safe mode use driver cleaner to remove all traces of past drivers be it nvidia or ati. You select them all unless you are using a nvidia or ati chipset. Once complete reboot into xp then install the video card drivers. Reboot then your done. This will help your entire system with updated drivers for your MB's chipset. This not a 100% fix, just an idea.
thermal compound is on there right.... heatsink is lapped.... all drivers chipset, sound, video, all installed after using drivercleaner to get rid of them... it has something to do with the overclock of the processor as I already stated.. its not the videocard that is causing the problem.. it only happens when I put it past 2.1ghz.. cause I have to tweak my ram diff...
 
Back
Top