VPN Proxy question

Rtstrider

Gawd
Alright....I left my laptop running a VPN connection to my work at my cousins house. DUMB ME. I do not have anything running through a proxy. Question is, can employer see where he's been while he was connected over VPN connection?

It depends what they were using as their tunnel endpoint, but probably yes. Is the connection split tunneled? Or does eevrything go through the VPN? Quick way to check that is to VPN in to work, go to a command prompt and type "route print" and see if they just injected 10.x 192.x and 172.x routes into the routing table or if everything goes to the VPN interface.

Alright, I think I'm in the clear but need reassurance on this....When I open up the VPN status window, I can see the routes of the companies IP's...When I go to say cnn.com or google.com run a search, then go to that search site, I'm unable to see those IP's in the status window. But please reassure me, lol.

you should be good then, split tunneling is enabled, unless your browser points you to a company proxy. For your corporate networks it'll encapsulate the traffic and send it to your tunnel termination point, all other it tries not to waste the company bandwidth and send it out over your existing connection. I wouldn't worry unless you have a company proxy in there.

Back