VPN home to work setup.. but no shares

Brain411

n00b
I have dsl at home and at work 1500/384 I recently upgraded to windows xp pro and got the VPN network to work... also, I can connect to my work or to my home and bak n forth. I get a connection and it says connected, but that all I get how do I access files or browse shares over the internet is there something im missing I just did the windows xp setup wizard on both computers for VPN client and server and they work both ways and I get a connection but no share... ??? please help

We can help but if you are trying to connect to you system at work I think its better to ask your system administrator how to do this as they might have different requirements or not want you do do it.

I am the system administrator... well im trying... trying to set this up I get the computers to connect either one as client/host but other than them showing that they are connected via icon in network connections, nothing else comes up... I can't search for the computer or access files/folders/share

Can open a share directly? ie.
Code:
Start>Run: \\server\share
If that works, you probably have a browsing issue. I don't remember off the top of my head whether a windows network allows browsing over a VPN connection or if it's an option not enabled by default.
heh God forbid a VPN user on a 56k link has their system elected as Master Browser :D

edit: spelling/grammer

Back