VPN for iOS, Android, Windows.

Shadowcrit

n00b
Hello forum members,

Here's the question, I'm looking for a VPN solution to connect a couple of devices to our network via vpn.

Here's the details:
Budget: Would like to stay below $1,000 USD. Will consider more.
We don't have many users that need VPN access. We have about 7 people that will use the VPN but with different devices. With about maybe two or 3 will be on at the same time. I need the vpn to work with ipads, iphones, android phones, android tablets, and windows xp and 7.

Example:
User 1 - iPAD, Windows XP
User 2 - iPAD, Windows XP
User 3 - iPAD, iphone, Windows xp
User 4 - Android tablet, android phone, windows 7.
etc..

So if anyone has any hardware recommendations or software ones. Please let me know.

Thank you!

Just us the PPTP if you want low cost. I use SSL vpn from sonicwall, works on all platforms.

another vote for openvpn

I use it on windows, macos, android

Until now I use pfSense with IPsec for my iOS devices. Struggle a bit to setup my Win8 tablet but not yet gave up.

I normally use the ASA 5505 with anyconnect essentials and the Anyconnect Mobile licenses, easy as pie to use

now that openvpn has an ios app, i'd go with that... ezpz

...Its been an ios app for some time...jut now is official as before required a JB.

Openvpn, you can setup a dedicated box for openvpn server or use a *nix based router such as untangle or pfsense. I use untangle quite a bit and offer no complaints.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think I'll take a look at that Juniper MAG. I don't have any experience with Juniper products so would be nice to get my hands on something.

Thanks again!

On second though, The reviews for the Juniper Pulse app on the Play Store are less than positive. I think I will continue searching.

Last edited:
been using hotspot shield VPN on my iPhone for the past 6 months or so. Works great (but sounds like you want to manage the VPN?)

Back