VP912b: Can Input Source text box be turned off?

Astral Abyss

2[H]4U
Viewsonic VP912b.

Is there a way to disable the Input Source box from popping up whenever the monitor is turned on or the resolution changes?

It's not too terribly annoying after I got used to it, but if I could get rid of it altogether I'd be very happy. It seems pointless for it to be there, especially since I only have the DVI input connected and have DVI set to default.

I couldn't find anything referencing this, so I doubt it's possible, but it never hurts to ask. :p

Just as an update to this, I emailed Viewsonic directly with this same question. Here was their response. (I imagine this applies to all their monitors with the same OSD.)

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for contacting ViewSonic Technical Support.

Unfortunately there's no way to disable that pop up menu. We will forward your observation to the product engineers and let them know it would be a good idea to be able to disable that message from the OSD menu.

Jennifer A

Regards,

ViewSonic Technical Support
ViewSonic Corporation
381 Brea Canyon Road
Walnut, CA 91789

----------------------------

Here was my original email to them:

Viewsonic,

On my VP912b, is there a way to disable the blue pop-up box that displays the input source?

As you know, this box pops up whenever the input OR resolution changes, including several times during the Windows boot up process, when opening and closing applications running at different resolutions, and while playing a game that uses different resoultions.

While it is a good idea, it would be nice to be able to enable or disable this pop-up message at will, should the user desire to do so. Comments related the to lack of this ability are one of the few negative comments I ever see about your monitors while I am posting and reading in online forums.

I believe you have many users who would appreciate the ability or knowledge of how this is done, if possible.

Either way, I'm still very satisfied with this monitor and will continue to recommend it to others.

Thanks,

Yeah, I have the Viewsonic VP191B and had the same problem. It's really dumb you can't disable the source input notification.

Back