• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

VP2770 vs LG27EA83

bencho

2[H]4U
Joined
Sep 15, 2007
Messages
2,093
Gaming & LightRoom 4
Which is better? Anyone have a quick summary comparison of the two? Seems like these two are the prime winners out of all the 27" 2560x1440's I've seen running around here.
 
Hey NCX!
I see you comment here and there all the time! Did you ever get my PM?

Sounds like the ViewSonic is the way to go as all other panels seem to be just plain poo.
Where would you guys recommend me get it from? i.e. has the easiest (free) return policy in case of any problems. I'm in San Francisco, is there anywhere local to buy?
 
Wait for the improved S27B971D, the ViewSonic is an uncompensated PLS panel, so you'll have bad color temp differences across the screen.
 
Check the overclockers.ru review and see the uniformity section, same issues as the PB278Q in that grey and white uniformity will be all over the place: http://www.overclockers.ru/lab/5109...stirovanie_monitora_Viewsonic_VP2770-LED.html

I have not tried the VP2770 but given that grayscale uniformity for even the SB970D is not perfect and is horrific on the PB278Q, the VP2770 is not going to be any better. All WQHD screens suck right now (except for perhaps the PA271W but is an old CCFl panel with low contrast and heavy AG).
 
Last edited:
I havent seen this issues in theVP2770 , do you have any info on it?

I have used one of these since January, uniformity is very good, certainly a massive difference over the Samsung 305T it replaced.

Looking at it with the naked eye and moving my head around various points of the screen, whites and greys look the same in all parts of the screen- as do all colours. If there are tools that can highlight any flaws in this panel with regards to that then so be it, but nothing has jumped out at me in the 5 months I have owned it that say this panel is fucked.

Gaming wise it is probably much of a muchness with all the 1440P panels out there atm. No high end IPS/PLS would satisfy me in that regard as I use a 120Hz TN for FPS games. I do want to try the Ezio FS2333 though but this is a different topic entirely.
 
Do you guys know the replacement policies for newegg/amazon?
I've never bought an LCD from them so I don't want to have to cover return fees.
 
Hey NCX!
I see you comment here and there all the time! Did you ever get my PM?

Yes, I'm not going to make a big list.

Just buy it from a place with a hassle free return+exchange policy such as Amazon.

So you'll have bad color temp differences across the screen.

This varies unit to unit and most people do not look at full screen grays or whites constantly...

The color temperature and brightness uniformity on the VP2770 I had was excellent

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i432/240hzTeslaStorm/Viewsonic VP2770/MeasuredUniformity.png
 
Gaming & LightRoom 4
Which is better? Anyone have a quick summary comparison of the two? Seems like these two are the prime winners out of all the 27" 2560x1440's I've seen running around here.

The LGs are pretty much sold out everywhere at the moment. You may have to pay a premium for the monitor that many think is the best you can get for less than $1000 .. so you will have better luck with the slower selling and older ViewSonic, on sale now several site at $750 or so.. but many think its overpriced for the performance you get at $600 . Seems to be warehouses stuffed with them, good thing because many come through with defects.

The VP2770 seem to be plagued with hot spots and other flaws. If you find a flawless panel they look and work great, so look for a store with a generous exchange policy as you may need to go through a few monitors to find a good one. The issue with the LG monitor seems to be one or two DOAs and they can be hard to find. It seems that all consumer IPS have PWM unless you run them full brightness at some point. The VP2770 is PLS. There are pluses and minuses to PWM mostly pluses for price. YMMV.
 
I personally am a big Samsung fanboy. Love their stuff.
However, their price for the same product is absurdly high for the 27" with little benefit. In fact, no VESA mounting automatically rules out the display for me. Period.
 
Gaming & LightRoom 4
Which is better? Anyone have a quick summary comparison of the two? Seems like these two are the prime winners out of all the 27" 2560x1440's I've seen running around here.

I owned both of them and can speak from experience: The LG is miles better than the VP2770. Better colors, better uniformity, brighter, deeper blacks and much better panel quality. I went through FIVE VP2770's and every single one had a defect! As for input lag, I cloned BF3 on both displays and there was zero difference between the two except the LG actually had less ghosting. So unless anyone else here has experience using both at the same time, quoting random reviews who used some program to make a conclusion isn't the same as having both side by side and seeing the difference.
 
I think all of the 1440p screens have their issues unfortunately. I currently have the vp2770 and it is a fantastic monitor apart from the backlight bleed in the bottom right corner. Already sent two dells back with terrible backlight bleed and dead pixels. Really can't be bothered to send any more back.
 
Back
Top