• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

VP171b question about Verticle alignment

kwest

n00b
Joined
Oct 29, 2003
Messages
30
1) How do you rotate it? I am using ATI Catalyst 4.1 drivers and can't find the option to do so anymore (I had previously done it with other drivers but I can't remmeber which).

2) Is the performance still sluggish when rotated? Is there any known fix?

Thanks yall!
 
I was just looking at that monitor. I'm thinking about buying it for a system I'm going to build for myself pretty soon. How do you like it? Any ghosting? as that is my main concern for switching to LCD's.
 
kwest - If I remember correctly. There is a disc that came with the monitor. It has a program that detect is the monitor has been rotated.


HitMan-sC - I got this monitor in Nov. and have never had and ghosting or dead pixels on it. I love it. I have a hard time looking at a CRT monitor after using it. I highly suggest it.
 
I have noticed no ghosting at all. But all I do is watch a few movies and play games like War3, nothing intense.
 
I have a vp171b as well, and it's great. Havn't noticed any ghosting, and it's very very crisp with the dvi connection.
 
Do you guys think going with a vp191b would be a step down from the vp171b? I'm mainly looking at gaming performance here and i know the 19" only has a 25ms response time.
 
At first I thought the vp171b would seem small. But it's great. The screen looks much bigger then it is. And with the 16ms response time, it's amazing.
 
I wish i could see a pic of someone that has both of them side by side so i could really see the difference in size :( .
 
Back
Top