Vostro 1500 owners

I have a few questions for anyone that owns a Vostro 1500. Upon my first 20 mins of playing with the laptop I don't see anything functionally wrong with it. However, on the hardware side I have a few gripes that I want someone to confirm. The power button seems to be touch sensitive as it doesn't go down like a normal button would when pushed. This is annoying as I don't know if I actually powered the laptop on or not and might accidentally shut it off prematurely. Next on to the layout of the 1500...I haven't had a chance to inspect my friend's 1400 (we ordered at the same time) but he says he has media buttons (play, volume control, etc) to the right of his power button well I have a big empty space to the right of my power button and I haven't figured out how to control the volume mechanically yet. My last gripe is the lcd bezel, there are cushions on each corner of the panel but I'm missing one on the bottom left corner is this normal?

Aside from the size and weight + the annoyances mentioned above I don't see anything wrong with its operation. Should I ask for an exchange from Dell? If so would they allow for me to keep the current unit while they send me a new one and then return it to them when the new one arrives?

Thanks for reading and any feedback I may receive.

edit: Well, found the media buttons in front of the laptop wtf? I'd much rather have them on that big empty space to the right of the power button. Anyways my major annoyance is with that power button and how it doesn't want to be pressed.

nah man, the blue LED media buttons on the front are the shiznit :D

my on/off button is definetly not touch sensitive...it is an actual button

oh, I have a Vostro 1700 btw

Lol, they aren't so bad but that space just feels so empty. My power button isn't touch sensitive but I have to press hard down on it although it doesn't go down. I guess I have to do an exchange.

sucks to hear about the exchange

but Dell is very good about that sort of thing I hear. So big and they will pretty much take whatever you want back with very few to no questions. I hope the next one is much better.

GL!

Back