voodoo3 s-video out

roberttran

[H]ard|Gawd
I just built a home theater PC with some old computer parts. It's video card is a Voodoo 3 3000 AGP with S-video out. The OS is Windows 2000 Pro.
I can't seem to get the s-video out to work in the OS. Before windows boots, the svideo works, but after the Win2k start up screen it stops working. There is nothing but white and black garble on the TV. When I go into windows throught VNC, and uninstall the card through device manager and reboot, it works since the drivers for the card havn't been loaded by windows yet. After I reboot, the drivers are loaded and it stops working.
Any ideas?

Thanks,
Robert

Voodoo 3 3000's came with a special cable if i remember right, it was a s-video to yellow rca connection. At least thats how mine worked.

I eventually gave up on mine under WIN2K.

Only thing I can suggest is searching for different drivers and try, try, try until you get a set that will support the video out correctly.

WIN2K support for VooDoo products are problematic. Hate to say but V3s work really well with WIN9X drivers, well, I had to mention it.

actually got it to work just now.
I downloaded the hoe drivers v1.0
They work, but still have some problems that are somewhat annoying to me since my TV is widescreen

Back