• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Volume lowering to zero for no good reason

RanceJustice

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 9, 2003
Messages
7,095
Hey guys, I've been having some problems with my volume ever since I tried using a Senn USB headset. Here's my setup

SB Audigy 2 ZS > Klipsch Ultra 5.1
Sennheiser PC155 USB headset > uh... USB Port.

Now I went in windows sound properties and defaulted all my my audio to go to the Audigy, and out my speakers. I only have certain applications like Teamspeak utilize the USB headset. Both the headset and the audigy show up fine in windows and applications. Then comes the problems.

Every so often, it appears for no good reason, my sound is gone. When I go to the volume properties in windows, my "Wave" level is turned all the way down. The master volume of the audigy is up, just the wave level is down. I scroll it up and then I've got sound just fine. Until it happens again. I tried disconnecting the USB and it still does it. Not sure why. I havn't rebooted however, so that was going to be my next course of action. Any reason why this could happen? All of the creative tools are normal.
 
It could be an app changing the wave vol level. I know powerdvd did that on my machine whenever I opened it.
 
Is there any way I could see which one? It doesn't seem to be linked to any particular app and sometimes happens when i'm away from the computer.
 
Same problem here. It usually only happens to me when I am swithching mp3's in winamp. Don't know what it is.
 
If you don't want to use foobar [and if not, why not??] try totally uninstalling winamp and reinstalling it again. You might have some plugin that hates you, or something.
 
i have a similar problem and it deals with skype where other ppl can hear themselves when the wave is up but down n i can't hear them :mad:
soo maybe skype if u have it?
 
Back
Top