• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Voltages ... some advice. For a newbie.

Momo

Gawd
Joined
Mar 3, 2005
Messages
869
Okay, so i've got 1 x 120mm SIlenX case intake fan, and 3 x Panaflo M1A's connected to my fan controller.

Here are my voltages as read by Asus Probe 2:

+12v = 12.22v
+5v = 5.107
+3.3v = 3.408-3.424
Vcore = 1.584-1.6

I'm a total newb when it comes to voltages on rails.
Am I okay with these? I would think so... the only real problems occur when you either have to little voltage, or to much, right?

thanks!
 
Those all look to be just fine, but I dont see why your worried about your fans changing it much.
 
just wondering about the juice required when adding a bunch of fans.

Also, I will be adding a DDC-12v pump.

Give me a break, i'm a total newb when it comes to voltages and what they really mean ;)
 
well, M1A's take 0.45A at 12v .... sooo, 12 * 0.45 = 5.4 watts apeice
and you have 3 of them... so 3 * 5.4 = 16.2 watts

Not sure on howmuch the DDC-12v takes though.. the botem of mine is covered with sticky neoprene and its boled down too... but couldn't be that much

so, if you have a 100watt powersupply, then you should worry. otherwise... no prob :D

BTW: I graduated to Limp Gawd! YAYA!
 
Hi jacking with similar newb questions

What are the signs of an overworked PS in asus probe? Will I see low voltages? What % below the required is acceptable? Basically what should I watch?

I am starting to OC/WC. I am using an AC pump but I know the 9700 pro eats juice. I have a cheaper branded 250W PS and I am reluctant (cheap sob) to upgrade.

thanks
 
Your question would probly be better suited in teh powersupply section, and honestly, I dont know the answer :confused:
 
Back
Top