Voltage Questions

Aznboy1993

2[H]4U
What the heck is VDDNB Voltage? I have it (VDDNB Voltage) as an option for my Asus M4A785-M motherboard and I haven't the slightest idea what it actually does. I believe it is either the CPU-NB voltage or the NB voltage itself...BUT I haven't been able to find a definitive answer and I do not want to set it too high. Also what is Chipset Voltage? Is it the northbridge or the southbridge?

Google results:

VDDNB: This is the voltage used by the CPU integrated memory controller, by the CPU HyperTransport controller and by the CPU L3 memory cache (if available). These components are collectively called “NB” or “North Bridge” by AMD. The problem is that one of the chips from the motherboard chipset can also be called “NB” or “North Bridge” and most users will get lost trying to figure out what is really being configured when an option has “NB” on it, thus we will have to explore this subject in more details. On AMD CPUs up to socket AM2 the VDD and VDDNB voltage are the same. Starting with Socket AM2+ CPUs AMD started to use separated voltages for the CPU and for the memory controller (AMD calls this “split plane” or “Dual Dynamic Power Management”).

Back