Domingo
Fully [H]
- Joined
- Jul 30, 2004
- Messages
- 24,224
I've got an i7 920 D0 stepping. My current overclock is BCLK: 180 (3.6) and I have turbo on. I can run Prime95 for hours and never go above 74 degrees on any of my cores. I never get any blue screens and I can run games like Batman and Crysis all day with no problems. Burn-in programs have never found any issues either.
However I keep getting weird errors in Win7 related to "Windows Explorer has stopped working." After reading a few posts from other people getting that error, I wanted to make sure my overclock wasn't an issue.
What are most people setting their voltages for the following (using a similar overclock and processor):
CPU Voltage
CPU PLL
QPI/DRAM
For CPU and DRAM I have both set to 1.25. My RAM is the Corsair Dominator 1600 and I just set it to auto after running it at 1.90 for a while with no differences noted.
Does that seem kosher if games and Prime 95 are running fine? Am I probably looking at a Windows/driver bug or do you think my overclock might be factoring in?
However I keep getting weird errors in Win7 related to "Windows Explorer has stopped working." After reading a few posts from other people getting that error, I wanted to make sure my overclock wasn't an issue.
What are most people setting their voltages for the following (using a similar overclock and processor):
CPU Voltage
CPU PLL
QPI/DRAM
For CPU and DRAM I have both set to 1.25. My RAM is the Corsair Dominator 1600 and I just set it to auto after running it at 1.90 for a while with no differences noted.
Does that seem kosher if games and Prime 95 are running fine? Am I probably looking at a Windows/driver bug or do you think my overclock might be factoring in?