Voltage not right...

Bop

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Oct 1, 2003
Messages
3,426
I set my voltage to 1.725v in the BIOS and when I check CPU-Z it is between 1.8-1.825v.

What is going on here? Is CPU-Z reporting the correct voltage, and if it is would 1.825v be too much for my current CPU speed?
 
What are your max temps and are you 100% stable.

It your 100% stable and not to hot then by all means try lowering the voltage.

Any instablity / overheating means the overclock / voltage needs to be lowered.

Luck........:D
 
My temps are 35-38C idle 45-48C load.

My system(with my 2x256 HyperX, not my defective 2x512) has been perfectly stable since October until 5 minutes ago, I got a BSOD after I exited the Far Cry demo(only blue screen, with repearting screetching sound).

Then again it was 100% stable running with 2-2-2-6 timings before. Some problems in KotOR forced me to bump voltage from 1.675 to 1.7 to get it stable.

Hmm I did set my voltage down to 1.7v(CPU-Z shows 1.776v). Maybe FarCry cries for more volts(1.8v for only a 2.3ghz OC?) I was watching the voltage monitor closely and for a second it dropped to 1.3v, maybe a bad PSU?

Wait a sec, I ran ASUS PC Probe and it shows voltages jumping up an extra .5v at times, time for a new PSU.
 
asus mobos always pump an extra .25 or .50 voltage
nothing out of the ordinary
ive owned 3 asus mobos, all of them do that.
 
Ok, but now it seems there are voltage issues with my PC. the +5v jumps up to 5.5v causing my ASUS PC Probe to sound alarms. And sometimes the CPU voltage drops down to 1.3v which I belive could cause a crash if that happens at the right moment.

Does my system really need a 480 watt powersupply or is my Antec 350 watt PSU sufficient for what I have?
 
Back
Top