Voltage manipulation bypasses AMD hardware security

Given Intel’s architecture is what 16 years old at this stage that’s actually not a bad track record. The biggest tragedy here is their core architecture is 16 years old…. Man they fucked up hard.
And core is loosely based on P6. What's your point? It still gives AMD a run for its money in certain respects. The issue comes down to Intel's inability to scale it to higher core counts and clock speeds. This is due to manufacturing issues more than architectural ones.

So manipulating the voltage can cause the SoC to error and gain control.

Pretty certain lots of hardware can have errors if you start dicking with the voltage

And core is loosely based on P6. What's your point? It still gives AMD a run for its money in certain respects. The issue comes down to Intel's inability to scale it to higher core counts and clock speeds. This is due to manufacturing issues more than architectural ones.
Iterative manufacturing is for some weird reason "bad" to people... even though it's the new modern method. Same issue in software. People will tell you Unreal = Good Creation engine = Bad exclusively due to age... even though they are basically the same age and completely different products for different sections of the market.

Though in this case, I have to agree with Lakatos. Intel's current chips are barely an interation. They really pooched themselves by trying to stretch EVERYTHING so far without even trying to actually improve anything along the way.

Iterative manufacturing is for some weird reason "bad" to people... even though it's the new modern method. Same issue in software. People will tell you Unreal = Good Creation engine = Bad exclusively due to age... even though they are basically the same age and completely different products for different sections of the market.

Though in this case, I have to agree with Lakatos. Intel's current chips are barely an interation. They really pooched themselves by trying to stretch EVERYTHING so far without even trying to actually improve anything along the way.
Unfortunately, process and design are heavily linked. Intel's manufacturing woes have really stalled their product line and has done so for years. I called this a couple years back but I don't think we'll see a truly competitive Intel until 2023 at the earliest. From what we've seen, that may very well require outsourcing to TSMC and others to make that happen.

Unfortunately, process and design are heavily linked. Intel's manufacturing woes have really stalled their product line and has done so for years. I called this a couple years back but I don't think we'll see a truly competitive Intel until 2023 at the earliest. From what we've seen, that may very well require outsourcing to TSMC and others to make that happen.

Intel and TSMC 3nm appears to have already been done,

Back