Voltage increase question... (H20 cooling)

essi1553

Limp Gawd
Does a cpu voltage increase guarentee the ability for a higher clock?

Right now my limit seems to be 2.85Ghz at 1.502v (Temps are 21/38), I am considering going water cooling and from my understanding water will allow you to push more volts through the cooled parts safely. My main goal is to reach 3.0 SAFELY!!!

I know my temps are fine right now, I know they will be better with water, but is there a point for me to upgrade, other than just looking cool, to go water?

temps are pretty good for air right now, id say try some mrope volts right now on air, keep it under 50c load and itll be alright....then if theres mroe headroom, head into water land. my proc maxed at 2.75 with 1.62v, it takes a rediculous 1.75v to get 2.8 stable, so i think a good self-check of your current limit will help you choose if the jump is worth it or not. for example, try to even get into windows with your desired speed and voltage, an air setup like that will certainly keep temps in check so long as you dont load it. cant get to windows? water probably won't help at that point. there are always anomolies of course, so you can never really know until you try.

Back