• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Volt-modding 7900GT

firewolf said:
The NV560...I think that's the number I know it's the lowest eVga model they sell. I used a VF700 and pulled the wires out ot the plug from it's fan and used them in the card so I can control speeds from the driver.

I got lucky though, my first one only went to 530 (I never tried the volt mod) and I RMA'd it...it showed some artifacts no matter what clock it was on. I only got them in FarCry and it never bothered me but I replaced it because I might get a better overclock on the new card :D. I was right.


When did you RMA it? If it was within the last month or so they should have sent you a "reloaded" card. You might want to check the sticker on your card, if it says N580-AR it's a reloaded card and should be pretty reliable, although the memory probably won't clock for shit. :)
 
Blue Falcon said:
When did you RMA it? If it was within the last month or so they should have sent you a "reloaded" card. You might want to check the sticker on your card, if it says N580-AR it's a reloaded card and should be pretty reliable, although the memory probably won't clock for shit. :)
It will with a 1.5V Voltmod! :)

Mine's doin' 1680 - pretty good for this new RAM.
 
I think I did the RMA while they were changing inventory to the new card, it took weeks for them to finally send me the card but I ended up with the 560, the memory isn't nearly as good as the first card though (1720!), I only get a bit more than 1600 now.
 
well i jacked up my card pretty high with 1.4v mod. i used powerstrip to oc the cards. i went from 520/720 to 665/900, i did manage to overclock the memory and gpu a little more but the increase wasn't that great compared to the higher heat. i scored 9620 in 3dmark06.



when i get water cooling ill up the voltage to 1.5 and do the vmem mod see how high i can go from there. also im unsure about this but when i bought the card the specs were 520/1500 the mem clock is little then half of that (720), so im assuming that the mem clock has a multiplier like a proc or ram?
 
Back
Top