Volcano 9 help

Garzilla04

Limp Gawd
Well I just bought a Volcano 9 off of my friend. I then proceeded to take off my old heatsync with no problems. Ok so I put on the Volcano 9, and plug one of the two fan cords into a power supply. I figured the other one was for the temp sensor or somethin. So I turned my comp on, everything is cool....my desktop shows up for about 3 seconds...then my whole computer shuts down....:confused: . So I plugged in both fan cords....same thing, I looked on the Thermaltake site and something was mentioned about jumpers. So do I have to put a jumper on the cord that isnt being used? Any help is cool, thanks.

I have two power cables on my Volcano 7+, only one of them is plugged in, the other just sits there (figuratively), and I'm not really sure what its for. That sounds like a strange problem. I just made sure the white connector was plugged in where the old power connector from the stock HSF was. The brown connector is the one that is not in use. Check to see if you don't have those criss-crossed maybe. All of my stuff works fine.

Straight out of the box, you should have a blue jumper on the same place you connect the temp probe. If that is missing becasue your friend lost it, unless you have the manual speed control or temp probe attached, the fan will run very, very slow.

Back