voip.ms outage?

goodcooper

[H]F Junkie
i know it's a pretty popular ITSP...

anybody else not getting any inbound or outbound response right now?

nevermind, ended up being changes with atlanta only... aparrently an IP address change happened and my PBXs dns needed to be flushed...

You should have been receiving some e-mails about IP migration:

ORIGINAL ISSUE:

IP Address Migration: Toronto, Atlanta, Seattle and Los Angeles 1 August 15, 2013, 12:30 (RESOLVED)

Important Information for users of the Toronto 1, Toronto 2, Los Angeles 1, Atlanta 1 and Seattle 1 servers

(This information is only of concern to the customers that register their device/PBX system to the previously listed servers, if you do not use these servers please disregard this email)

There will be a change of IP Address on the Toronto 1, Toronto 2, Los Angeles 1, Atlanta 1 and Seattle 1 servers on August 19th 2013 after 1:00 AM EST (06:00 GMT).

This change is being done to improve the quality of the service; the new servers are located in new data centers that have been thoroughly tested and passed our standards of quality.

=====================
What are the changes?
=====================

The IP address for the hosts toronto.voip.ms, toronto2.voip.ms, atlanta.voip.ms, seattle.voip.ms, losangeles.voip.ms will be replaced on August 19th 2013 after 1AM EST (06:00 GMT) with the following IP addresses:

Toronto 1 NEW IP Address: 184.75.215.106 Toronto 2 NEW IP Address: 184.75.215.114 Seattle 1 NEW IP Address: 50.23.160.50 Atlanta 1 NEW IP Address: 63.247.78.218 Los Angeles 1 NEW IP Address: 96.44.149.186

(Please note that the following servers are NOT affected, they are already located in the new data centers: Toronto 3, Toronto 4, Seattle 2, Seattle 3, Los Angeles 2)

===========================
What you may need to modify
===========================

If you are using the hostnames in your configuration, there are no interventions required on your part. However, if you have concerns regarding the transition and you want to make sure that there are no issues when the DNS is updated with the new IP address, please reboot your router/device after the IP switch is done. If you are using a Softphone, like Zoiper or X-Lite, a restart of the software may be required.

If you are currently using the IP address of this server directly in your device/PBX instead of the hostname to connect to these servers, please update with the new IP as the IP switch is completed. The VoIP.ms issue tracker will be updated as soon as the IP switch is finished. (It is not recommended to use an IP Address directly with VoIP.ms)

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause, if you have any questions don't hesitate to contact the VoIP.ms support staff via ticket or live chat.

LAST UPDATE
August 19, 2013, 9:13

The change of IP Address has been performed. Please contact our support if you experience any issues with these changes.

Issues and Maintenance URL : https://www.voip.ms/m/issuetracker.php?id=423

Best Regards,

VoIP.ms Team

Pro Tip: Use DNS and this doesn't happen (as often).

in the 2nd post you'll see i do...

Yup, missed it. What kind of TTL does your DNS server use? The old IP should have expired and the new one updated transparently.

I'm not above this mistake, I was using an apparently deprecated DNS setting for voip.ms listed in many guides- they killed that DNS server and it brought one of my customers down.

I would seriously suggest you monitor the e-mail address given to voip.ms, as they do send this type of info.

I also received an e-mail, their Tampa Data center was down for ~ 6 minutes. Dunno if it would affect you.

ORIGINAL ISSUE:

Tampa Data Center
August 19, 2013, 12:06 (RESOLVED)

The Data Center hosting our equipment in Tampa is currently unreachable. We'll provide updates as we receive them and redirect traffic asap.

LAST UPDATE
August 19, 2013, 12:12

The issue has been resolved by the network engineers hosting our equipment in Tampa. We do not have an RFO yet. We estimate the downtime has been around 6 minutes. We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused by this brief incident.

Issues and Maintenance URL : https://www.voip.ms/m/issuetracker.php?id=425

Best Regards,

VoIP.ms Team

yea, i got the same emails, but since i didn't use IP i didn't put 2 and 2 together...

also i never lost registration... which is retarded... if you're going to move IPs take down your voip server... at least if i would have lost registration i could have reacted faster...

Back