voice low, action high

Orddie

2[H]4U
i have the same issue as what most on the internet have

the speach is low in movies so you have to turn it up. than someone shoots a gun and its extremely loud.

have a 5.1 setup
optical input from the TV which is putting out douply digital.

source is apple TV 4k

Center channel working? What is powering the speakers? Center output gain might be turned down. 90% of a films vocals are mixed to the center channel speaker.

Is your sound through an AVR or soundbar? You'll need to check your Dynamic Range Compression settings. There could be settings for it on your TV or Apple TV.

Where is your source coming from? Netflix? Plex?

I am having this issue with Plex right now. It is completely failing to correctly convert 5.1 source audio to stereo for my Chromecast.

yeah its something like what qban said, the dynamic range. my setup does this too but I think its intentional in a lot of new things. MH:W has it in its audio options. you amp or player may have a volume normalizing function that will help.

I've noticed this similar issue when streaming Netflix/prime on my PS4. Does that setting normally need to be changed per app or the device I'm streaming on?

Thanks!

I've noticed this similar issue when streaming Netflix/prime on my PS4. Does that setting normally need to be changed per app or the device I'm streaming on?

Thanks!
it could be in the options for the app or device. some amps/app/devices have a "night mode" that is supposed to help normalize things too.

Back