VOB Joiner

fenton06

2[H]4U
I need a program to join VOB files. I ripped the scrubs episode from the season 2 DVDs and each episode is spread over 4 chapters and I want each one to be one big VOB file. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, how hard would it be to write a REALLY simple file joiner program?

Try this:
copy /b 1.vob + 2.vob + 3.vob output.vob

It may actually work.

If not, VOBedit or IFOedit will probably do the trick. They should have an option somewhere:
http://www.ifoedit.com/

wow...the command prompt way worked...I did everything manually though. Would there have been a way to write script for this?

I've read up a good bit on video file formats and format conversion and DVD ripping. Surely I'm not an expert, but I've never heard of this. What are you doing and why?

what I am doing - joining multiple VOB files into one big VOB file

why - I ripped the episodes of a TV show from DVD, and each show was spread across multiple chapters (aka multiple VOB files if you split the files according to chapters)

I want to join the chapters so I have one file per show instead of 4..?

make sense now?

Why not rip them to a friendly single file format like divx in the first place?

Not being a smartass, just really curious to know if this is better.

I'm not sure what you're asking...I wanted the episode separate, but I couldn't just rip the episodes because they were a combined file with different chapters on the DVD. After I had the single .vob file i converted them to Xvid.

It worked for me, but depending on how the episodes were arranged may change whether it was better or not.

Back