VMworld 2014 roll call!

Already here for VMworld Tech Summit (Internal VMware thing) After that its manning the Hands-On-Labs!

I will be in early tomorrow morning, and have TAM day sessions that same day, ugh. Oh well, didn't have a choice really.

Landed and on my way to the airport. Anyone going to the vBeers or VMworld Community Kickoff tonight?

I did, but I thought it was the couple in the room behind me pounding the bed against the wall if you know what I mean.

I definitely need to get NSX setup in our environment. Seems like it offers a lot.

I arrived Saturday.
Amazing bird of a feather / TAM lunch talks this year with Al Renouf and the Web Client Team.
Very awesome vExpert "handouts" in the solution exchange.
Had dinner with a wad of vmware folks including JKing and WLam last night.
The EMC party was over crowded and not even 10% as good as Ghirardelli Square last year. SolidFire had some nice beer glasses. Commvault had some great food options!

Try the advanced NSX lab in the hands on labs! Some amazing things in that mod. Security tagging, VPNs, IDS/IPS, and some basic DHCP and OSPF routing mods.

Nicholas Farmer
@vmnick0

Got here Sunday with my wife, felt an earthquake for the first time in a LONG time! Staying on Fisherman's Wharf, eating tons of bad (i.e. awesome) food and Ghiradelli chocolate. Having a blast, learning a lot, meeting a lot of great people. Looking forward to the discussions to come here, more specifically the ones related to a 2015 VDI initiative I am leading that will take advantage of the new nVidia vGPU technology.

Good times to be in IT!

I just got back from the VMworld party. Need to start packing as my flight leaves at 5:30pm tomorrow.

Sorry I missed the party. My old job didn't get me a pass and I quit back on the 11th anyway. New job starts tomorrow or I might have been able to go with them.

There's always PEX....

I'm back home too. I really enjoyed the time out with you NetJunkie, the PernixData people must really want our business to invite us to such an exclusive night out ;). Either way, tell Frank that you're worth FOUR times the money, not just two times.

Let me know when you decide to hockey puck that stupid USB charger for your phone across the pond, I'd like a video.

First VMworld was an eye opening experience. NetJunkie, I met Chris and he was teasing you about being on this forum all the time...

I'm back home too. I really enjoyed the time out with you NetJunkie, the PernixData people must really want our business to invite us to such an exclusive night out ;). Either way, tell Frank that you're worth FOUR times the money, not just two times.

Let me know when you decide to hockey puck that stupid USB charger for your phone across the pond, I'd like a video.

Yeah, great to see you at dinner. That was a good time. And as for that damn Mophie charger...it went back to Apple the next day. What an awful design....

Sad part is i probably walked by you guys so many times didn't even realize it... Hell i know i walked past Lop cause i know what he looks like and where he works ;)

Nice. Don't all you VCDX guys know each other? Michael Webster was the first one I met.

And what is your input on NSX?

Oh, and are you hiring? I can totally relocate.

A lot of us know each other..and yes, I know Michael. Real good guy. Saw him at VMworld again.

I'll post on NSX in the other thread. Been too busy to put a good reply.

We're always hiring good people. Let me know.

Back