What do you like better?

• Oracle VirtualBox

Votes: 7 20.6%
  • VMWARE

Votes: 27 79.4%

• Total voters

ReCOde

Limp Gawd
We've all heard and read reviews about either or, and pro's and cons... But what do the people like?

VMWare by a mile.

I've run VMs personally and professionally. VMWare blows Virtualbox out of the water in almost all aspects: speed, compatibility, features, you name it.

Every Virtualbox that I've run has had any range of issues or flaws, both minimal and catastrophic. Things with VMWare just work, if that's the way to put it.

You just want it to work/need for mission critical? VMWare.
Want to waste your time? Virtualbox

My 2 cents. :)

Whats your goal really? Vbox is perfectly fine if you are running VM's to play with on your desktop. Sure VMware workstation will do that as well, at a cost, and have more features, but do you really need them? There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with running vbox, assuming you arent running production workloads with it. I'd also hope you werent running Prod workloads with VMWare workstation either, which what I am assuming you are talking about.

Whats your goal really? Vbox is perfectly fine if you are running VM's to play with on your desktop. Sure VMware workstation will do that as well, at a cost, and have more features, but do you really need them? There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with running vbox, assuming you arent running production workloads with it. I'd also hope you werent running Prod workloads with VMWare workstation either, which what I am assuming you are talking about.

I agree.

One of the biggest issues with VirtualBox was the inability to passthrough VT-d to the guest. You could never do any ESX or other hypervisor testing with it (creating kickstart scripts for example).

But it is free... :D

VBox for personal stuff, VMware for professional stuff. VMware is just much more streamlined.

One of the biggest issues with VirtualBox was the inability to passthrough VT-d to the guest. You could never do any ESX or other hypervisor testing with it (creating kickstart scripts for example).

But it is free... :D

Free it issssss :D.

Back