I guess this is also a networking related question. I am trying to understand when and why this would be used and what kind of impact it can cause.
In this case we have several VMs all using the same dvPortGroup with the following security settings.
Promiscuous Mode: Accept
MAC Address Changes: Accept
Forged Transmits: Accept
The majority of our other port groups have all three of those settings set to Reject.
To my knowledge the person that set this up said it was needed because of the Cisco ASA and possibly for monitoring? Not 100% sure, plus our monitoring is through SNMP.
Has anyone else dealt with something like this before? I want to make sure the settings are right. The VMs are used for RDS and I don't want performance issues or network drops because the dvPortGroup was setup incorrectly.
In this case we have several VMs all using the same dvPortGroup with the following security settings.
Promiscuous Mode: Accept
MAC Address Changes: Accept
Forged Transmits: Accept
The majority of our other port groups have all three of those settings set to Reject.
To my knowledge the person that set this up said it was needed because of the Cisco ASA and possibly for monitoring? Not 100% sure, plus our monitoring is through SNMP.
Has anyone else dealt with something like this before? I want to make sure the settings are right. The VMs are used for RDS and I don't want performance issues or network drops because the dvPortGroup was setup incorrectly.