Vmware Host, Windows 2003 standard server R2, Guest OS, Print Server fails to print

lundrog

[H]ard|Gawd
I am running suse enterprise server 10.1 as a Host OS, for VMware server 1.05 (free). For a guest OS, i have a Windows 2003 Standard R2, Server, running DNS, Wins, server and a print Server, as a backup incase of either of my physical servers go down.

When I try to add a standard tcp/Ip port IP_ipaddress and name the printer, locate the driver, eveyrthing works fine.

It shows the printer as ready, I print and it just says spooling, and then error's out. i get this in the event veiwer.
"
The document Test Page owned by user failed to print on printer printername . Data type: NT EMF 1.008. Size of the spool file in bytes: 196608. Number of bytes printed: 0. Total number of pages in the document: 1. Number of pages printed: 0. Client machine: \\servername 1. Win32 error code returned by the print processor: 1241. The network address could not be used for the operation requested.
"

(i changed the printer and server name)

Now, I can add the same network printer on our main printer server on this device and print fine, firewall is off, by GPO, and I built a 2nd server guest os, with the same problem.

I also made sure that norton was excluding the spooler folder, and have tried both the 5e and 6pcl driver.

I tried giving all domain users rights to the spooler folder, and changing the print processor to the win without luck.

The user I am trying to login and print with is a domain admin account

I am selecting HPjetdirect for a network card, and it shows the printer on both two servers in the AD directory.

I tried this on a another windows 2003 standard R2 server guest OS, running on a Windows XP Pro Host, VMware server 1.04. and I had the same error.

Any Idea's?

I figured it out, was putting IP_ in where I should have just put the IP Address

Was late.

Please Close.

Thanks

Back