VMware help

ChRoNo16

[H]ard|Gawd
So long story short- I bought a Dell cs24-sc off ebay, the price was right for some hardware that will nicely handle what I need for home...

Problem is I cannot get anything to work.. I was told the only version of vmware that will work is 5.1, i cannot even get a hold of a copy with a key so it wont lock me out after 60 days.

Anyone have any ideas? newer versions all get to the install point where it says moving files and starting the kernel and it freezes there.

Someone please help me :(

You can't "get a hold" of an older copy with a key unless you buy it. Buy a new license and you can get a key for an older version.

The Dell cs24-sc's run ESXi 6 just fine. They also run 5.5 just fine.

I'm a little lost here. Download the ESXI 5.1 from VMware's site. If will be the free version though. If they sold you the license then they need to transfer ownership to you. Otherwise, like NetJunkie said buy a newer copy.

I have not gotten either of the newer versions to run on it yet and im not sure what the issue is.

I would just buy it, but I dont have that kind of money to spend.

*Obi-Wan hand wave* This is not the place you will find answers on pirating software

No error- just never passes the moving files and starting kernel screen.

Im not looking to pirate software, just trying to get help to get this server working- I dont understand what the issue is, and im not linux savvy- I can run vmware, but only if it installs for me

Disable all the peripherals outside of the keyboard. Disable all power savings options. Make sure you're on the latest bios.

Back