VMUG Advantage EVALExperience

Weaksauce
Hi all

I am ready to pull the purchasing trigger on this subscription but do you receive vSphere 6 license keys yet or is it still 5.5?

It is a shame that they do not include NSX licenses. :D

Thanks

I'm pretty sure they've confirmed 6.0 licenses are coming shortly, I'm waiting until they have 6.0 licenses to pull the trigger too :D

What do you think happens to anyone that already purchased it with the 5.5 licenses? I want to upgrade! :)

I was wondering this too around 5.5, if I purchase licenses now I get 5.5 and then 6.0 is released do you get to retain the 5.5 licenses until the end of their annual term AND receive 6.0 licenses?

If not there is little point in buying now.

I was wondering this too around 5.5, if I purchase licenses now I get 5.5 and then 6.0 is released do you get to retain the 5.5 licenses until the end of their annual term AND receive 6.0 licenses?

If not there is little point in buying now.

Conceivably it works just like normal licensing, you choose whether you want to upgrade your existing keys or not. I doubt that you will receive additional license keys.

Ok I see thanks for the clarification.

I am currently running both a 5.5 and 6.0 lab at home (blame legacy software on the 5.5 deployment) - the 5.5 lab has just got NSX installed (trial) which I am really excited about, took a lot of emails to / from our VMware contact, so I will be using that in conjunction with the Pluralsight training :) really looking forward to playing with it, I was listening to an old Packetpushers podcast around the firewall element of it (amongst everything else) and it sounds great.

They told me 6.0 would be available, I e-mailed and asked when I signed up a month ago.

Hi all

I am wondering if this has the full vSphere 6 licensing available now? I purchased a subscription myself and can license vCenter Server 6 but cannot license vSphere ESXi 6, the included key with "VMware vSphere with Operations Management Enterprise Plus" only seems to work with 5.5!

Has anyone else upgraded and has a fully working license for ESXi 6 yet?

Edit: PS NetJunkie, your NSX courses are excellent on Pluralsight - thoroughly recommend, do you have any more courses in the pipeline?

Thanks

I know it lists it as that is why I decided to purchase the sub.

About 1-2 weeks ago max.

Sorry - yes that's right.

I did contact them and they just said it should work but it doesn't, just wondering has anyone else on here tried it and is it working for them?

I upgraded from 5.5 to 6.0 and used the exact build that the download link in VMUG offers for vSphere 6.

I got an email today stating that the vSphere6 licenses are now available for EvalExperience.

I'm curious how this works. If you purchase the subscription, the keys are good for a year, correct? Then what (e.g. after 1 year?)

I'm curious how this works. If you purchase the subscription, the keys are good for a year, correct? Then what (e.g. after 1 year?)

Keys expire, if you are still subscribed you will receive a new set of keys. There is some overlap between your old keys expiring and the new ones becoming available, so maybe you can skirt by with keys for two years on a single year's subscription.

But ..., the subscription is so inexpensive, why bother monkeying around with "get something for nothing" schemes.

Yeah, no intention of that. Just wanted to understand how it works. Sounds like a great deal. Thanks for the explanation!

Back