Vizio?

for the price, they are good.

A friend of my have he vizio plasma 42" 1080 for about a year. for the price it was worth it.

Doode, my roommate went through a Vizio 32LCD, he got lucky, it broke,

It looked pretty awful with SD/DVD content

Amex ended up covering it cuz it was just past the warranty/return period, I forget. Anyway, got his money back, he picked up a Samsung 42" Plasma, gawd it's beautiful, play some x360 or PS3 on it and it's unbeatable for the $850 bux he paid! PICK ONE UP!

I don't want a plasma at all, I'm stricly looking for LCDs. Right now I'm thinking about:
A. 28" HannsG
B. 32" or 37" Vizio
C. Cheaper sharp/samsung/lg

Some of the new Visios are supposed to use the same Silicon Optix Realta HQV processor found in the Olevia 7 series -- by all accounts the best video processor on the market. It's known for making SD look really good so it might be worth looking into if you watch a lot of SD content. That processor probably won't be seen in any 720p units though.

How is watching SD/HDTV on the Hanns G?

That's what I'm leaning toward right now, but I'm still unsure. I want to play PS3, watch tv/movies, and it'd be nice to have another monitor.

I have the Hannsree 28".

Watching movies and playing ps3 game it great. No problem at all.

I've had the Vizio 32" LCD for 10 months now and love it. HD and the 360 look and play excellent. For the money, it's unbeatable.

we had the 32" Vizio LCD for our college dorm room this last year. TV picture quality is so/so, speakers aren't great, VGA input is a little flaky. Everything else is really solid though. Xbox via component and watching 720p movies from my computer over DVI were both great. As long as you are using the HD inputs, this TV is great for the price.

I think you should look into the Hannsree 28"

2 hdmi - 1080p or 1200 depending on source
component- i believe limit to 1080i or 720p.

Are you going to use this as a monitor also. If not, then go with the vizio.

I have used a 37 vizio lcd hdtv. Overall for the money spent it was very good. I would recommend that you have a geforce 8 card as I tried the output of a 7900 GT card which produced blurry lines down the display. Then again we used the pc connector and not a dvi to hdmi or other hd input so you will have to take that into consideration. My believe is the drivers for the 8800 GT are more supportive of lcdtvs. For gaming it was acceptable, as my brother and myself are both die hard CS source fans and play a lot of it. I wasn't impressed by the slight delay between gun fights at close range due to 8 ms delay, but for causal gaming it is very nice. HD pictures looked great, but I never saw it with an HD player except the content provided on the xbox 360. Overall I would say a 37 inch is the biggest lcd I would get for gaming unless you want to remodel your room. Yes it looks great for Halo 3 on the Xbox360 and plays nice too.

I love my 42" LCD 1080i... my in-laws have a 47" 1080P and love it... I've had mine for nearly 2 years and have not 1 complaint.

Although I bought a 26" from walmart... that is NOT the same quality. it still works but you can tell it's just a cheaper quality than the other 2 above that were bought at Costco/Sams.

I think you should look into the Hannsree 28"

2 hdmi - 1080p or 1200 depending on source
component- i believe limit to 1080i or 720p.

Are you going to use this as a monitor also. If not, then go with the vizio.

It's either the hanns g or the vizio and another 22"+

I've had a 42" Vizio 1080i for the past year. The speakers aren't very good but they are fine for watching tv. If you really want great sound production from movies and games I would recommend grabbing a sound system. I watch most of my tv in HD and it looks really really good, better than my friends 32" Samsung LCD does in HD which is notable. I would definitely recommend a Vizio because the price is awesome and they are full featured as well. Also my 360 with the vga HD cables make Halo 3 and COD4 look phenomenal on my Vizio.

I also have the 28" Hanns G but I only use it for my computer monitor, and its great for gaming and watching movies in Blu Ray. I would assume it looks fine for SD tv, my Vizio 42" tends to stretch the image on SD tv so it doesn't look as clear as a smaller monitor or tv would. 32" vizio would probably look fine as well as the 28" Hanns @ SD.

I sell Vizio at sears. I think it is at best an average lcd at best. My biggest gripes are the buttons on the side of the tv are cheap(they have to be pushed hard to do anything), and the viewing angle (before changing color or brightness) is around 140 degrees. I would recommend a Memorex lcd since it is close to the Vizio price, has a better view angle (178 degrees) and has better tv buttons.

Back