Vizio P series (Sept 24th) + GTX 970/980

What settings are you using to force 4:2:0 at 60Hz? I have two EVGA 970s in SLI and can't see any better than 30Hz at 3840x2160 in the Nvidia control panel. I tried forcing a custom setting as well for 60Hz and came back with a black screen.

I'd like to see if it's unplayable before I send my 65" back.

Did you have to force/create the resolution or did the option present itself? Either way, I'll try that cable. I wasn't getting better than that with this: Belkin PureAV HDMI Cable (Supports Amazon Fire TV and other HDMI-Enabled Devices), HDMI 1.3 - HDMI 2.0 / 4k Compatible, 12 Feet

Is there a setting in the TV that changes the chroma to 4:2:0?

Last edited:
Did you have to force/create the resolution or did the option present itself? Either way, I'll try that cable. I wasn't getting better than that with this: Belkin PureAV HDMI Cable (Supports Amazon Fire TV and other HDMI-Enabled Devices), HDMI 1.3 - HDMI 2.0 / 4k Compatible, 12 Feet

Is there a setting in the TV that changes the chroma to 4:2:0?

Hi,

No I did not create the resolution, it was already there, between the resolutions options... either way from Windows control panel as well as GeForce control panel.
Concerning to the Chroma, I did some tests, but I believe that it does not get better than 4:2:2, I'll post some pictures later today.

My remaining bitch about the Vizio. I will be bringing a laptop into bestbuy and/or costco and testing various sizes to see if its just an issue on the 70 inch or not.

Here is the difference in Clarity when looking at a chroma test image. The Seiki is by far not perfect but acceptable for a TV (this test looks absolutely perfect on my sisters 24 inch 4k dell):

Hi houkouonchi,

till yesterday I did not even know what a full 4:4:4 (RGB) chroma was! :)
however, I found your review in Amazon and I got interested since I have bought the same TV as yours few days back.
This morning I made some quick test and I did see my screen (P702ui-B3) goes to 4K@60Hz and I have downloaded several pics to test the 4:4:4 capabilities.
Now, concerning to the blue line, I can see it as well as your Seiki. It's not very clear but at least I can read it and with the same clarity as your Seiki. I'll post you a picture later.

So, is it 4:4:4 or not? :)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwh_TxtckAJjWTB1NHVMVTY1a2c&usp=sharing

Thanks.

Hi houkouonchi,

till yesterday I did not even know what a full 4:4:4 (RGB) chroma was! :)
however, I found your review in Amazon and I got interested since I have bought the same TV as yours few days back.
This morning I made some quick test and I did see my screen (P702ui-B3) goes to 4K@60Hz and I have downloaded several pics to test the 4:4:4 capabilities.
Now, concerning to the blue line, I can see it as well as your Seiki. It's not very clear but at least I can read it and with the same clarity as your Seiki. I'll post you a picture later.

So, is it 4:4:4 or not? :)

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bwh_TxtckAJjWTB1NHVMVTY1a2c&usp=sharing

Thanks.

Hey that looks pretty good, man. What HDMI port do you have it plugged into?

Back